Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video Modeling the curtains, part of Cloth Simulations for Motion Graphics in CINEMA 4D.
- In theater, there are different styles…of proscenium curtains that's used…as a barrier between the audience and…the stage before a show.…Over the next few videos, we'll take a look at…how we can create a tableau curtain,…and simulate that to reveal something underneath.…So, here you can see the motion of how a…tableau curtain works, it's kind of…pinched off here in the middle,…and it gets pulled off to the side.…So, we're going to create a model…of the curtains, and we'll try to model in…the pleated look of the curtains to start with.…So, in CINEMA, let's go ahead and create a plane,…and I'm going to change up the orientation to "-Z,"…and that way it's facing towards us.…
I'm also going to come over here to "Basic,"…and change up "Use Color" to "On,"…and for the display color, we'll go for,…you know, a nice theater red curtain here.…Okay.…Also, go to display, and turn on "Gouraud Shading"…with lines so we can see our geometry.…And lastly, let's bring in a figure as a reference.…This gentlemen is 183 centimeters, roughly 6 feet tall,…
Cloth Simulations for Motion Graphics in CINEMA 4D is a project-based learning experience that follows three projects from start to finish: an animated flag blowing in the wind, opening and closing theater curtains, and a cloth-on-object logo reveal. Each project is rich with lessons that artists can adapt and apply to any cloth animation. Author Alan Demafiles will help viewers use the C4D Cloth tag and colliders, attach cloth to other geometry in a scene, loop simulations, correct imperfections with the morph deformer, and apply logos and other patterns to fabric. Start watching to incorporate cloth simulations into your mograph skillset.
- Creating geometry for cloth
- Working with the C4D Cloth tag
- Using caches
- Modeling and texturing cloth
- Adding constraints
- Attaching cloth to geometry
- Creating cloth collisions
- Adding lights
- Animating morphs and reveals
- Rendering the cloth animation
Skill Level Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Animating with C4D Effectorswith EJ Hassenfratz1h 39m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Retiming and Tracking Footagewith Ian Robinson2h 46m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Spline Dynamics with CINEMA 4Dwith EJ Hassenfratz1h 13m Intermediate
1. Core Concepts
2. Creating a Flag
3. Creating Theater Curtains
4. Creating the Reveal Cloth
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.