Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video Mirroring the curtain, part of Cloth Simulations for Motion Graphics in CINEMA 4D.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- Now that we have the left side of our curtain done,…we can use a duplicate to mirror off to the right side.…We're going to do a little bit of housekeeping here,…because as you can see we have all these helper objects…and these various states that we used as building blocks…to get to this current incarnation that we have here,…which I'll just rename a Work In Progress Curtain.…And all these other guys, I'm going to select all of them.…All these helper objects and the build versions of them.…And go though, just make sure…that we have everything selected.…And we'll come over here to Layers,…and we'll create a new layer from Object Selection.…
And we'll call this layer Build.…I don't necessarily need to see them…in the viewport anymore.…Right now if we turn off our viewport solo,…there they are cluttering the scene.…They're there, they're good to have…in case we need to fall back on something…we have them, but currently I don't need to see them.…So now that they're in this build layer,…I can turn off the visibility…
Cloth Simulations for Motion Graphics in CINEMA 4D is a project-based learning experience that follows three projects from start to finish: an animated flag blowing in the wind, opening and closing theater curtains, and a cloth-on-object logo reveal. Each project is rich with lessons that artists can adapt and apply to any cloth animation. Author Alan Demafiles will help viewers use the C4D Cloth tag and colliders, attach cloth to other geometry in a scene, loop simulations, correct imperfections with the morph deformer, and apply logos and other patterns to fabric. Start watching to incorporate cloth simulations into your mograph skillset.
- Creating geometry for cloth
- Working with the C4D Cloth tag
- Using caches
- Modeling and texturing cloth
- Adding constraints
- Attaching cloth to geometry
- Creating cloth collisions
- Adding lights
- Animating morphs and reveals
- Rendering the cloth animation
Skill Level Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Animating with C4D Effectorswith EJ Hassenfratz1h 39m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Retiming and Tracking Footagewith Ian Robinson2h 46m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Spline Dynamics with CINEMA 4Dwith EJ Hassenfratz1h 13m Intermediate
1. Core Concepts
2. Creating a Flag
3. Creating Theater Curtains
4. Creating the Reveal Cloth
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.