Materials in CINEMA 4D are applied to objects using projection methods. In this video, learn how to manipulate materials on objects using the different projections and texture mode tools.
- [Voiceover] So now we know how to…create and apply materials,…let's look at how we can manipulate the materials…when they're actually placed on objects.…When you create a material, and just drop it…on to an object, we know that it's projected in…the default is UVW Mapping, and the UVs are coordinates.…And to make this a bit easier to visualize,…let's grab a UV grid.…We head over to HelloLux.com and you can download…the files and save them to a place on your hard drive…and then we can both use them together.…
So you can just click this link, download the files.…So with our material that we've just created,…let's open up, and in the color field,…in this texture, we're gonna load in that UV grid.…I've got mine on the desktop, so I'm just going…to click on this large grid, and we'll have a quick look.…And I'm just gonna say no.…And if we close this material editor down,…we can now see, if I just hide these,…this is a representation of the UV coordinates.…So U goes across the bottom, and V across the top.…
And anything positioned in this space…
- Setting up scenes
- Modeling with splines
- Using Illustrator files in C4D
- Extruding depth and detail
- Animating in the Timeline
- Creating clones
- Using effectors
- Lighting motion graphics
- Applying materials
- Creating animated materials
- Compositing multipass renders with After Effects and C4D
- Rendering motion graphics in C4D
Skill Level Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Creating a Sports Bumperwith EJ Hassenfratz2h 25m Intermediate
1. What Are Motion Graphics?
2. Setting Up a Project for Motion Graphics
3. Working with Splines
4. Working with the Timeline
5. The Power of MoGraph
6. Lighting for Motion Graphics
7. Materials for Motion Graphics
8. Rendering and Compositing for Motion Graphics
9. Motion Graphics Challenge
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.