Join Thanassis Pozantzis for an in-depth discussion in this video Making proper cuts on the T-rex model, part of Learning Bodypaint in Cinema 4D.
- Let's observe the model.…You can see that we have a lot of folding areas,…a lot of small details,…and we have the inner part of his mouth,…which folds inwards.…In order to unwrap this successfully,…we need to cut it in pieces,…and the way I see it is that we need to cut the leg,…the arm,…the inner part of the eye, maybe, we will see about that,…the inner part of the mouth,…and as far as the limbs are concerned,…we're gonna separate the claws,…the bottom part of the foot,…and we are going to split the hand…in top and bottom parts.…
That will allow us to unwrap properly…and paint efficiently.…Let's begin the cutting process.…Go to our edge selection,…and let's select a few edges.…Let's decide where we're gonna cut the leg from.…So. Let me take a look at this.…I'm gonna start from inside.…Select this one, this one,…I'm going to get my Part Selection…so shift and drag, shift and drag,…shift and drag…shift and drag, and we have selected this part.…
Now if you want to correct something,…you just command-click to deselect,…
Author Thanassis Pozantzis covers a wide set of techniques, from material projections and generating UV maps to UV unwrapping, both for hard surface models (such as packaging and mechanical objects) to organic models (including humans, monsters, and animals). Start here to learn how to incorporate BodyPaint into your production workflow.
- Everything you need to know about material projections
- Creating and editing UV maps
- Setting up a project in the BodyPaint interface
- Unwrapping UVs, from cubes to bananas
- Hard-surface model unwrapping
- Organic model unwrapping
Skill Level Intermediate
Cinema 4D R16 Essential Trainingwith Ian Robinson9h 35m Beginner
1. It's All About UV Maps
2. 3D Painting
3. Everything About the BodyPaint Interface
4. Unwrapping Everything
5. Unwrapping Project - Dinosaur
6. Unwrapping Project - Mookie
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.