Join Thanassis Pozantzis for an in-depth discussion in this video Making proper cuts on the Mookie model, part of Up and Running with Bodypaint in CINEMA 4D.
- Let's begin by detaching the head.…I'll select Mookie,…go to my Edge Selection.…Let me go around here and find a nice loop around his neck.…Move tool.…Click on an edge…and then double click another one…and it will create an edge loop.…I think that is good enough.…Your choice of cuts should be the following:…because wherever we cut we create a seam…we need to make sure those seams…are quite hidden.…
If we can get away with seams in parts of his body…which are not visible, like his armpits,…or sometimes his groin,…the underparts of the arms,…those are going to be the places of choice.…So, here we don't have many options.…These series of edges that are going to become seams…are under his chin…and I think that's the best choice…for detaching his head.…Let's go to the Select tools.…
Fill Selection, select his head.…Front View.…Press "s" to zoom in the selected.…Then let's go to our UV Edit…where we're going to continue our work here.…Although I have the body selected,…when I select UV Polygons,…my projection is greyed out.…
Author Thanassis Pozantzis covers a wide set of techniques, from material projections and generating UV maps to UV unwrapping, both for hard surface models (such as packaging and mechanical objects) to organic models (including humans, monsters, and animals). Start here to learn how to incorporate BodyPaint into your production workflow.
- Everything you need to know about material projections
- Creating and editing UV maps
- Setting up a project in the BodyPaint interface
- Unwrapping UVs, from cubes to bananas
- Hard-surface model unwrapping
- Organic model unwrapping
Skill Level Intermediate
CINEMA 4D R16 Essential Trainingwith Ian Robinson9h 35m Beginner
1. It's All About UV Maps
2. 3D Painting
3. Everything About the BodyPaint Interface
4. Unwrapping Everything
5. Unwrapping Project - Dinosaur
6. Unwrapping Project - Mookie
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.