The reflectance channel enables the creation of shiny, reflective materials in CINEMA 4D. In this video, learn how to use reflectance to build reflective materials.
- [Instructor] Here we have our H+ Sport logo…with some basic materials applied.…Let's open up one of them…and we can see that we've just got…the color channel enabled and a color set.…So to make this a reflective or shiny material,…we need to enable the the reflectance channel.…We'll add a Beckman layer…and you can see that it's 100% reflective…and so we're not actually seeing a whole lot.…What's new in R18 is the OpenGL reflections preview.…
So when we actually start to,…if we turn off the interactive render region for a moment,…so Alt + R,…you can actually see those reflections…and we have this sort of default environment in the scene…and that's what's being picked up.…That's exactly this image.…So what we need to do,…if we turn on the interactive render region again,…to make sure we can bring back some of that color channel…and how could we do this?…Well we can bring down the strength.…That's one way.…And we'll still get some reflections picked up.…
You can see there.…We can increase it back and then use the Fresnel option.…
- Setting up scenes
- Modeling with splines
- Using Illustrator files in C4D
- Extruding depth and detail
- Animating in the Timeline
- Creating clones
- Using effectors
- Lighting motion graphics
- Applying materials
- Creating animated materials
- Compositing multipass renders with After Effects and C4D
- Rendering motion graphics in C4D
Skill Level Intermediate
1. What Are Motion Graphics?
2. Setting Up a Project for Motion Graphics
3. Working with Splines
4. Working with the Timeline
5. The Power of MoGraph
6. Lighting for Motion Graphics
7. Materials for Motion Graphics
8. Rendering and Compositing for Motion Graphics
9. Motion Graphics Challenge
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.