Bumps and imperfections give surfaces their character. In this video, learn how to make bumpy materials in CINEMA 4D using the bump, normal, and displacement channels.
- When you look at objects and surfaces in the real world…they're rarely perfectly smooth.…They have irregularities…and these catch the light…and give the surface its character.…We can add bumps to our materials in a few ways.…So we've got this orange material.…Open up the material in the material editor here…and we'll make sure the bump channel is enabled.…Bump channel needs a gray scale image…so it works with changing luminous values.…So we are going to use a noise.…And I'm gonna go into, and you can see actually…the preview update here.…
Got this bumpy bumpy surface.…So we're gonna go into here and just change the type.…And I'm gonna change it to FBM…and we'll just come out of here and have a look.…Now, let's press ALT R and we'll get our render preview up.…And we're quite far away but you should be able to see that…we have some parent displacement on the surface…and this is because the bump channels reacting to…the lights that we have in the scene here.…Just get in a bit closer.…Doesn't look too bad.…Looks kind of like an orange.…
- Setting up scenes
- Modeling with splines
- Using Illustrator files in C4D
- Extruding depth and detail
- Animating in the Timeline
- Creating clones
- Using effectors
- Lighting motion graphics
- Applying materials
- Creating animated materials
- Compositing multipass renders with After Effects and C4D
- Rendering motion graphics in C4D
Skill Level Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Creating a Sports Bumperwith EJ Hassenfratz2h 26m Intermediate
1. What Are Motion Graphics?
2. Setting Up a Project for Motion Graphics
3. Working with Splines
4. Working with the Timeline
5. The Power of MoGraph
6. Lighting for Motion Graphics
7. Materials for Motion Graphics
8. Rendering and Compositing for Motion Graphics
9. Motion Graphics Challenge
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.