This course was created by Andy Needham. We are pleased to offer this training in our library.
- Touring the C4D interface
- Adjusting preferences and settings
- Building and manipulating objects
- Working with lights and cameras
- Creating and applying materials
- Creating geometry from splines
- Animating and working with the timeline
- Rendering and compositing
Skill Level Beginner
- [Andy] Hi, my name is Andy Needham, and welcome to this course on learning Cinema 4D release 21. This course is designed to give you a firm foundation of how Cinema 4D works so that you can be confident to take on more challenging projects. MAXON has really focused on workflow in this version, and there are several enhancements to the way you use Cinema 4D. We'll learn about the new licensing options and changes to the interface. I'll show you some useful techniques and ways of setting up your project and share some essential concepts for working in Cinema 4D so that you're set up for success. Next we go through the process of taking simple objects and manipulating them in 3D. We'll add lights, materials, and render effects to create an image that can be shared on social media. From there, we'll work our way through a production pipeline, importing artwork created in Adobe Illustrator and learn key fundamentals like modeling, creating animation, lighting, and working with materials and cameras. Finally, we'll render the result using the powerful Take System and look at how a 3D render is composited in post. The creative possibilities of working in 3D are virtually limitless, and I'm really looking forward to sharing with you how working in Cinema 4D is both fun and intuitive. So if you're ready, let's begin.