Join Thanassis Pozantzis for an in-depth discussion in this video Introduction to the UV coordinate system, part of Learning Bodypaint in Cinema 4D.
- Before we start having too much fun,…as this is a serious lesson and we have…no time to monkey around,…I would like to explain very simply…how the coordinate system in the texture view,…the UV manager works.…Here is a file.…Let me recreate the scene just so that…you know exactly what we're doing,…I'm going to delete the plane.…I'll create a new plane.…I'm going to set it to minus zed,…make the segments 1 and 1,…apply the measurement…and press C on my keyboard…or on this button here to make it editable.…
So, now we have UVW tags and the material applied…using UVW mapping.…UV coordinates are virtual,…meaning that they don't represent a specific unit…or measuring system.…Let's go to the body paint UV edit.…Let me adjust my layout.…It's simply a 0 to 1…on the horizontal…and 0 to 1 on the vertical.…
Think of it as a percentage of the length and height,…where 0 is 0% and 1 is 100%.…Because the measurement is not explicit,…the "square" UV tile…can be any aspect ratio, not only square.…Let me show you.…I have another image loaded here…
Author Thanassis Pozantzis covers a wide set of techniques, from material projections and generating UV maps to UV unwrapping, both for hard surface models (such as packaging and mechanical objects) to organic models (including humans, monsters, and animals). Start here to learn how to incorporate BodyPaint into your production workflow.
- Everything you need to know about material projections
- Creating and editing UV maps
- Setting up a project in the BodyPaint interface
- Unwrapping UVs, from cubes to bananas
- Hard-surface model unwrapping
- Organic model unwrapping
Skill Level Intermediate
Cinema 4D R16 Essential Trainingwith Ian Robinson9h 35m Beginner
1. It's All About UV Maps
2. 3D Painting
3. Everything About the BodyPaint Interface
4. Unwrapping Everything
5. Unwrapping Project - Dinosaur
6. Unwrapping Project - Mookie
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.