Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video Introducing pose morphs, part of Cinema 4D: Cloth Simulations for Motion Graphics.
- We have our cache sim, but we notice that there's…several areas that probably need some refining, and we're…going to use something called Pose Morph to smooth out…the transitions.…Alright.…So, with our curtain, let's go ahead and play it back,…and let's just take a look at what's going on here…and try to identify what needs our attention.…The first thing that pops up to me is that this bottom part…right here.…And like it settles down from its initial state.…If this is, this curtain's kind of already settled,…it really shouldn't stretch down and hit the floor…anymore and cause that buckling.…
And also, too, on this left hand side, you'll see…how it bows.…I think the curtain should probably just drop…straight down right there.…And then, lastly, because we only cached 100 frames of this,…if we were to bump this up to frame 150, once we get to 100,…this curtain it just abruptly stops right there.…it doesn't really come to a natural resolve.…So, let's fix all three of those things.…And we're going to use something called Pose Morph.…
Cloth Simulations for Motion Graphics in CINEMA 4D is a project-based learning experience that follows three projects from start to finish: an animated flag blowing in the wind, opening and closing theater curtains, and a cloth-on-object logo reveal. Each project is rich with lessons that artists can adapt and apply to any cloth animation. Author Alan Demafiles will help viewers use the C4D Cloth tag and colliders, attach cloth to other geometry in a scene, loop simulations, correct imperfections with the morph deformer, and apply logos and other patterns to fabric. Start watching to incorporate cloth simulations into your mograph skillset.
- Creating geometry for cloth
- Working with the C4D Cloth tag
- Using caches
- Modeling and texturing cloth
- Adding constraints
- Attaching cloth to geometry
- Creating cloth collisions
- Adding lights
- Animating morphs and reveals
- Rendering the cloth animation
Skill Level Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Animating with C4D Effectorswith EJ Hassenfratz1h 39m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Retiming and Tracking Footagewith Ian Robinson2h 46m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Spline Dynamics with Cinema 4Dwith EJ Hassenfratz1h 13m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Creating a Sports Bumperwith EJ Hassenfratz2h 25m Intermediate
1. Core Concepts
2. Creating a Flag
3. Creating Theater Curtains
4. Creating the Reveal Cloth
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.