In this video, learn how to use the selection tools and modeling functions to clean up and organize Adobe Illustrator artwork that has been imported into CINEMA 4D.
- [Instructor] We're going to use a combination of the…selection tools and modeling functions to separate…the various parts of a logo we've prepared…in the previous movie.…And these are typical processes you'd go through…when cleaning up artwork imported from Adobe Illustrator.…Let's take a look.…First we need to bring that spline in so we need…to merge it into this current document.…So we can choose, over here,…File, Merge Objects; cmd+shift+o…And you can also come over to here and choose File, Merge.…So while we're here we just press that and we'll select our…spline which is in Illustrator 8 format and open it.…
And this is the import dialog that you'll see.…So if I just show you two different modes,…we can of course scale our spline, but we're not gonna…touch that for now.…If I uncheck Connect we get the option to Group Spline.…So let's just OK on that and you can see, and a way…unfolding a large hierarchy is by command clicking,…and you can then see the whole of this…hierarchy here unfolded.…And that looks a bit complex for our needs.…
- Setting up scenes
- Modeling with splines
- Using Illustrator files in C4D
- Extruding depth and detail
- Animating in the Timeline
- Creating clones
- Using effectors
- Lighting motion graphics
- Applying materials
- Creating animated materials
- Compositing multipass renders with After Effects and C4D
- Rendering motion graphics in C4D
Skill Level Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Creating a Sports Bumperwith EJ Hassenfratz2h 25m Intermediate
1. What Are Motion Graphics?
2. Setting Up a Project for Motion Graphics
3. Working with Splines
4. Working with the Timeline
5. The Power of MoGraph
6. Lighting for Motion Graphics
7. Materials for Motion Graphics
8. Rendering and Compositing for Motion Graphics
9. Motion Graphics Challenge
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.