Join Andy Needham for an in-depth discussion in this video Import OBJ and MTL files, part of Cinema 4D R20 Essential Training: VFX.
- [Instructor] Let's look at importing models. … In most cases you'll be provided with something that is … not in Cinema 4D's .c4d format, so having the ability … to work with other 3D formats in C4D is important. … We're going to import a common 3D format called OBJ. … And so we can do this in a number of ways. … We can merge the objects into the scene. … We can also choose to open the files directly. … Now there's some differences with opening and merging. … Let's look at opening first. … We'll find the OBJ in the exercise files and open it up. … We have some various options for scaling the geometry. … We can split the objects up based on … the materials, for example. … If there is a material file, the .mtl file, … we can choose to import that. … And if it can't find anything it will add a … default white material or we could choose random colors, … and then there's some various options for flipping axes. … We'll choose OK, and it will load in everything. … And we'll give the materials a moment to refresh, …
- What are VFX?
- Automatic and manual 2D tracking
- Solving the 3D camera
- Calibrating a camera
- Scene reconstruction
- Object tracking
- Animating geometry
- Animating cameras
- Creating and applying materials
- Working with Projection Man
- Creating fractures
- Making fractures move
- Rendering using takes and tokens
- Compositing multipass renders
Skill Level Intermediate
OctaneRender for Cinema 4D Essential Trainingwith Andy Needham4h 59m Intermediate
X-Particles 4 for Cinema 4D Essential Trainingwith Andy Needham5h 40m Intermediate
Cinema 4D R20 Essential Training: Motion Graphicswith Andy Needham4h 59m Intermediate
1. What Are VFX?
2. Get Started with Motion Tracking in C4D
3. Motion Tracker: Solve and Calibrate
4. Motion Tracker: Additional Workflows
5. Geometry, Cameras, and Animation
6. Materials and Lighting
7. Work with Projection Man
8. Destruction Techniques with Voronoi Fracture
9. Takes, Tokens, and Rendering
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.