CINEMA 4D is a 3D software application developed by MAXON. In this video, learn why motion graphics artists choose CINEMA 4D and how it integrates into a production pipeline.
- [Teacher] In the previous movie,…we talked about the key tools…a motion graphics artist needs to know…in order to be effective, and Cinema 4D…is a very important tool in the pipeline.…Pipeline being a set of stages or processes…to get from concept to completion.…If we really simplify the pipeline…into three discreet processes,…generally speaking, 3D work fits in the middle,…and by that I mean the proceeding…and following parts are usually 2D stages.…So if we take a commercial as an example…of production pipeline, the commercial…would begin in a 2D world.…
So, script, storyboard, edit, that sort of thing.…And once we have an edit, maybe the script…calls for a transition into a 3D…created product shot or something like that.…So, the 3D graphics what needs to be created…and we work in stages of modeling, animating,…lighting and texturing.…Finally 3D would be rendered.…So, you'd get these images back,…and at that point, we're moving into…the 2D world once again.…So, those rendered images would then be…composited and brought into a final edit…
- Setting up scenes
- Modeling with splines
- Using Illustrator files in C4D
- Extruding depth and detail
- Animating in the Timeline
- Creating clones
- Using effectors
- Lighting motion graphics
- Applying materials
- Creating animated materials
- Compositing multipass renders with After Effects and C4D
- Rendering motion graphics in C4D
Skill Level Intermediate
1. What Are Motion Graphics?
2. Setting Up a Project for Motion Graphics
3. Working with Splines
4. Working with the Timeline
5. The Power of MoGraph
6. Lighting for Motion Graphics
7. Materials for Motion Graphics
8. Rendering and Compositing for Motion Graphics
9. Motion Graphics Challenge
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.