Lights in 3D are quite unlike lights in the real world; they do not bounce, they don't lose intensity, and they don't cast shadows. In this video, learn how to work with lights in CINEMA 4D.
- [Instructor] Lights in C4D and in fact any…3D application are quite unlike lights in the real world.…They don't bounce, they don't lose intensity,…and they don't cast shadows unless you tell them…you need them to cast shadows and things like that.…So let's look at how we can teach these lights…to be smarter.…You've got a default light in every C4D scene…and you can come to the Options and just view that,…and this is default lighting, just a bit right-click,…we can get that back to normal.…It's all rather flat and boring.…So lighting adds drama to your scene.…
It adds the character, in can make or break a 3D scene.…So it's really important to get those ideas…and fundamentals down,…and that's what we're gonna be looking at in this chapter.…To actually view lights, we do have one in the scene,…but we can't actually see the effects of it.…We need to make sure we're in the Gouraud Shading mode…and now you can see that spotlight is…illuminating our sphere.…It's kind of doing it in a strange way.…We turn on the interactive render region,…
- Setting up scenes
- Modeling with splines
- Using Illustrator files in C4D
- Extruding depth and detail
- Animating in the Timeline
- Creating clones
- Using effectors
- Lighting motion graphics
- Applying materials
- Creating animated materials
- Compositing multipass renders with After Effects and C4D
- Rendering motion graphics in C4D
Skill Level Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Creating a Sports Bumperwith EJ Hassenfratz2h 26m Intermediate
1. What Are Motion Graphics?
2. Setting Up a Project for Motion Graphics
3. Working with Splines
4. Working with the Timeline
5. The Power of MoGraph
6. Lighting for Motion Graphics
7. Materials for Motion Graphics
8. Rendering and Compositing for Motion Graphics
9. Motion Graphics Challenge
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.