Join Thanassis Pozantzis for an in-depth discussion in this video How to deal with Mookie's accessories, part of Learning Bodypaint in Cinema 4D.
- As far as Muecke's accessories, his clothes and so forth,…it's easier to unwrap these because clothes, for example…and nonorganic living beings have natural seams.…Let me turn off Muecke, his left eye, his right eye,…and his suspenders and buttons.…First of all, let me show you a little shortcut.…Normally if we want to create a new set of UVW maps,…we go Tags and we create a new Texture and so forth,…and then we generate UVW coordinates.…
You can forget about that.…If you have at least one UVW map in your scene,…all you have to do is just copy it on your object.…Although it's going to be a bit of a mess,…it will allow you to do things like Project,…It will allow you to Select Everything,…and do your frontal projections and all that.…That was just a sidenote.…Let me show you what I mean when I say…that objects have natural seams.…I've selected some seams previously…which show where the stitches would be…for a pair of trousers…because clothes are made from patterns…and patterns just indicate the counterparts…of each clothing item.…
Author Thanassis Pozantzis covers a wide set of techniques, from material projections and generating UV maps to UV unwrapping, both for hard surface models (such as packaging and mechanical objects) to organic models (including humans, monsters, and animals). Start here to learn how to incorporate BodyPaint into your production workflow.
- Everything you need to know about material projections
- Creating and editing UV maps
- Setting up a project in the BodyPaint interface
- Unwrapping UVs, from cubes to bananas
- Hard-surface model unwrapping
- Organic model unwrapping
Skill Level Intermediate
Cinema 4D R16 Essential Trainingwith Ian Robinson9h 35m Beginner
1. It's All About UV Maps
2. 3D Painting
3. Everything About the BodyPaint Interface
4. Unwrapping Everything
5. Unwrapping Project - Dinosaur
6. Unwrapping Project - Mookie
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.