Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video Flat mapping textures, part of Cloth Simulations for Motion Graphics in CINEMA 4D.
- Here, we will look at ways to texture…our cloth simulation with a logo.…While, we can certainly texture it before simulating,…the resulting deformations might not always…be the most legible way to present the logo.…So, we'll examine here how flat mapping textures…can provide a good work around solution to that.…So, here in this example I've got a camera…that is moving towards a cloth simulation…that's already been cached.…So, I can scrub through this back and forth and…towards the end here the cloth comes to a settling point.…And we'll see that's kind of where we want to have our logo.…
So, let's come over here to the Window and Picture Viewer.…And, I've already got this logo…loaded up here inside the Picture Viewer.…And, its got an alpha channel, it's round in nature.…H+ sport. Let's add that to our cloth here.…So, I got that texture applied to a material,…and now we just want to click and…drag that material onto our cloth.…So, you can see here that it's looking pretty good.…And, if we hit play, it's not looking so good.…
Cloth Simulations for Motion Graphics in CINEMA 4D is a project-based learning experience that follows three projects from start to finish: an animated flag blowing in the wind, opening and closing theater curtains, and a cloth-on-object logo reveal. Each project is rich with lessons that artists can adapt and apply to any cloth animation. Author Alan Demafiles will help viewers use the C4D Cloth tag and colliders, attach cloth to other geometry in a scene, loop simulations, correct imperfections with the morph deformer, and apply logos and other patterns to fabric. Start watching to incorporate cloth simulations into your mograph skillset.
- Creating geometry for cloth
- Working with the C4D Cloth tag
- Using caches
- Modeling and texturing cloth
- Adding constraints
- Attaching cloth to geometry
- Creating cloth collisions
- Adding lights
- Animating morphs and reveals
- Rendering the cloth animation
Skill Level Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Animating with C4D Effectorswith EJ Hassenfratz1h 39m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Retiming and Tracking Footagewith Ian Robinson2h 46m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Spline Dynamics with CINEMA 4Dwith EJ Hassenfratz1h 13m Intermediate
1. Core Concepts
2. Creating a Flag
3. Creating Theater Curtains
4. Creating the Reveal Cloth
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.