Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video Flag rings, part of Cloth Simulations for Motion Graphics in CINEMA 4D.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- Now that we have the rope animated,…let's take a look at how we can use the Clamp Constraint…to take the rings of the flag and attach it to the rope.…So now in this video we have…our rings animated by way of these Vibrate Tags.…This is just randomly providing some motion.…It doesn't, it's not attached to the rope whatsoever.…You can look at that bottom one there…and notice that it's not moving anything.…So let's rewind, let's go ahead…and delete these Vibrate Tags.…Now let's also go through in the Belt Master,…we'll middle mouse button on it.…
We'll say default.…Let's go and attach…the belt top to the flag rope.…So let's go ahead and right click…and add Character Tags Constraint.…We'll going to take that belt top…and constraint it to the rope spline.…So under the Constraint Tab,…let's go ahead and turn on Clamp.…This is what's going to attach…this piece of geometry to this spline.…
So let's go in the Target Tab.…Let's go ahead and take that rope spline…and just bring it all the way down in here.…And you'll notice that there's a red line down there.…
Cloth Simulations for Motion Graphics in CINEMA 4D is a project-based learning experience that follows three projects from start to finish: an animated flag blowing in the wind, opening and closing theater curtains, and a cloth-on-object logo reveal. Each project is rich with lessons that artists can adapt and apply to any cloth animation. Author Alan Demafiles will help viewers use the C4D Cloth tag and colliders, attach cloth to other geometry in a scene, loop simulations, correct imperfections with the morph deformer, and apply logos and other patterns to fabric. Start watching to incorporate cloth simulations into your mograph skillset.
- Creating geometry for cloth
- Working with the C4D Cloth tag
- Using caches
- Modeling and texturing cloth
- Adding constraints
- Attaching cloth to geometry
- Creating cloth collisions
- Adding lights
- Animating morphs and reveals
- Rendering the cloth animation
Skill Level Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Animating with C4D Effectorswith EJ Hassenfratz1h 39m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Retiming and Tracking Footagewith Ian Robinson2h 46m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Spline Dynamics with CINEMA 4Dwith EJ Hassenfratz1h 13m Intermediate
1. Core Concepts
2. Creating a Flag
3. Creating Theater Curtains
4. Creating the Reveal Cloth
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.