The Extrude object is a fundamental CINEMA 4D tool for generating 3D geometry from 2D splines. In this video, learn how to use the Extrude object to create depth and detail.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Male Instructor] We're now going to use…the extrude object to add depth and detail…to the splines we imported and cleaned up from Illustrator.…Let's bring in and extrude object to the object manager,…and we can just select the splines…that we want to extrude and drop them…into the extrude object,…and it has only done the H, the first one…it's come to, it's ignored the other ones,…and the reason for that is…this button right here, hierarchical.…If we check that on, suddenly everything works,…and we can control the movement,…which is the depth, and we can add detail with the Caps,…but I just wanted to show you that…you can add multiple splines to this object,…but just make sure you check on this button,…otherwise it will ignore the ones that are underneath it.…
Now, we may want a particular depth for the H,…say 20, but if we look at the plus and the sport,…that's just too thick, for my tastes anyway.…So, what we're going to do is,…we're going to take these out of the hierarchy,…and we'll make separate extrudes for them.…
- Setting up scenes
- Modeling with splines
- Using Illustrator files in C4D
- Extruding depth and detail
- Animating in the Timeline
- Creating clones
- Using effectors
- Lighting motion graphics
- Applying materials
- Creating animated materials
- Compositing multipass renders with After Effects and C4D
- Rendering motion graphics in C4D
Skill Level Intermediate
1. What Are Motion Graphics?
2. Setting Up a Project for Motion Graphics
3. Working with Splines
4. Working with the Timeline
5. The Power of MoGraph
6. Lighting for Motion Graphics
7. Materials for Motion Graphics
8. Rendering and Compositing for Motion Graphics
9. Motion Graphics Challenge
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.