Join Thanassis Pozantzis for an in-depth discussion in this video Editing UV Maps, part of Learning Bodypaint in Cinema 4D.
- So, how do we edit UV maps?…A very good question, very good question.…Okay, let's make a sphere and let's make it editable.…So, now we have a polygonal object that resembles a sphere…and a UVW map.…In order to edit them directly,…what we need to do is go, instead of the Startup layout,…we need to go to the BodyPaint UV Edit layout.…There you go.…It was the one we used for the first videos,…and here is the UV manager, as I say,…or Texture View as MAXON says,…and of course, I am right.…
Anyway, Model Mode, Polygons, Edges, and Points,…these are the usual suspects we have on our main layout…anyway, somewhere around there,…and now, we have this and this.…If you hover over it and go down here and read,…this says UV Polygon Edit, whereas…this one says Polygon Mode, this one says UV Point Edit,…whereas this one says Point Mode,…so these two little buggers are the buttons…we are going to press in order to edit UVs.…
Well, let's do it.…Selection tool, Polygon, and whoa, that's cool,…and you can see your presentation of the selection…
Author Thanassis Pozantzis covers a wide set of techniques, from material projections and generating UV maps to UV unwrapping, both for hard surface models (such as packaging and mechanical objects) to organic models (including humans, monsters, and animals). Start here to learn how to incorporate BodyPaint into your production workflow.
- Everything you need to know about material projections
- Creating and editing UV maps
- Setting up a project in the BodyPaint interface
- Unwrapping UVs, from cubes to bananas
- Hard-surface model unwrapping
- Organic model unwrapping
Skill Level Intermediate
Cinema 4D R16 Essential Trainingwith Ian Robinson9h 35m Beginner
1. It's All About UV Maps
2. 3D Painting
3. Everything About the BodyPaint Interface
4. Unwrapping Everything
5. Unwrapping Project - Dinosaur
6. Unwrapping Project - Mookie
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.