Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video Draping, part of Cloth Simulations for Motion Graphics in CINEMA 4D.
- We'll continue on with the draping process…and see how we can refine the cloth itself…to extract more detail though the use of subdivisions.…So here we're going to take our cloth and…let's rewind and see how this drapes over our logo.…It's pretty rigid and we're not really getting a hint…of whatever the form is underneath.…So right now it looks like anything…could be underneath there,…a sphere, a cube, something.…We want to pull out more detail from the cloth,…and currently we're limited by the number…of polygons that this cloth offers us.…
It's just simply not enough resolution.…So, let's go ahead and try to dial in…as much as we can though the cloth tag itself…to see if there's anything that these settings…can buy us in terms of detail.…So, I'm just going to let this loop and as we let it loop,…I'll just go through and make small iteration changes here.…So, for the stiffness let's maybe say 50%.…Looks like it helps just a little bit.…Let's see some extremes here.…So, stiffness, I really want this cloth…to kind of dip down a little bit further.…
Cloth Simulations for Motion Graphics in CINEMA 4D is a project-based learning experience that follows three projects from start to finish: an animated flag blowing in the wind, opening and closing theater curtains, and a cloth-on-object logo reveal. Each project is rich with lessons that artists can adapt and apply to any cloth animation. Author Alan Demafiles will help viewers use the C4D Cloth tag and colliders, attach cloth to other geometry in a scene, loop simulations, correct imperfections with the morph deformer, and apply logos and other patterns to fabric. Start watching to incorporate cloth simulations into your mograph skillset.
- Creating geometry for cloth
- Working with the C4D Cloth tag
- Using caches
- Modeling and texturing cloth
- Adding constraints
- Attaching cloth to geometry
- Creating cloth collisions
- Adding lights
- Animating morphs and reveals
- Rendering the cloth animation
Skill Level Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Animating with C4D Effectorswith EJ Hassenfratz1h 39m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Retiming and Tracking Footagewith Ian Robinson2h 46m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Spline Dynamics with CINEMA 4Dwith EJ Hassenfratz1h 13m Intermediate
1. Core Concepts
2. Creating a Flag
3. Creating Theater Curtains
4. Creating the Reveal Cloth
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.