Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating and using caches, part of Cinema 4D: Cloth Simulations for Motion Graphics.
- Cloth simulations can be computationally…intense on your computer,…often resulting in lower frames per second…as each frame is calculated one after the other…just as fast as your CPU will allow.…So to help visualize how it moves…at a higher frame rate, creating a cache…will speed up the playback of one…or several simulations.…So there's two ways to calculate a cloth sim,…and the first one is through the cloth tag itself.…We have the cache tab here,…and in this example I'm using the cloth tag…in kind of an unorthodox way.…
I'm using it to simulate this ball kind of…deflating as it makes contact here with this box.…So, the integrations here are set pretty high…and my stiffness is set to 100,…while deflection's set down to fifty.…And it does a pretty good job of simulating…a deflating ball, although you'll see that…the frames per second here hovers…around ten frames per second,…so it's not the fastest and it's a little difficult…to tell how it's going to move in real time.…And that's where caching comes in.…So I'm gonna rewind it beginning here,…
Cloth Simulations for Motion Graphics in CINEMA 4D is a project-based learning experience that follows three projects from start to finish: an animated flag blowing in the wind, opening and closing theater curtains, and a cloth-on-object logo reveal. Each project is rich with lessons that artists can adapt and apply to any cloth animation. Author Alan Demafiles will help viewers use the C4D Cloth tag and colliders, attach cloth to other geometry in a scene, loop simulations, correct imperfections with the morph deformer, and apply logos and other patterns to fabric. Start watching to incorporate cloth simulations into your mograph skillset.
- Creating geometry for cloth
- Working with the C4D Cloth tag
- Using caches
- Modeling and texturing cloth
- Adding constraints
- Attaching cloth to geometry
- Creating cloth collisions
- Adding lights
- Animating morphs and reveals
- Rendering the cloth animation
Skill Level Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Animating with C4D Effectorswith EJ Hassenfratz1h 39m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Retiming and Tracking Footagewith Ian Robinson2h 46m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Spline Dynamics with Cinema 4Dwith EJ Hassenfratz1h 13m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Creating a Sports Bumperwith EJ Hassenfratz2h 25m Intermediate
1. Core Concepts
2. Creating a Flag
3. Creating Theater Curtains
4. Creating the Reveal Cloth
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.