Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating low-res colliders, part of Cinema 4D: Cloth Simulations for Motion Graphics.
- Cloth simulations in general are CPU intensive,…so anything we can do to minimize that is always…in our favor.…We have this logo master, which is comprised of…a lot of geometry.…If we lowered the resolution of this geometry,…it's going to help speed up our simulation, in general.…So, in order to create that low resolution geometry…that will act as a collider for the cloth, let's go ahead…and look at using the polygon pen tool.…So, with my logo master, I'm going to use this…as a reference.…I'm going to minimize this.…
And we'll step into our front view, F4 on the keyboard.…And let's go ahead and switch over to the polygon pen tool…by going to Mesh, Create Tools, Polygon Pen.…It's going to put us in Point mode.…I like to use this in Edge mode.…And what I want to do is create a simplified outline…of this logo.…So, I'm going to start down here.…I'm going to click and click again, and that's going…to create an edge.…Hold down Command and hover over that edge.…You can click and drag and pull out a polygon.…
You can hover over each individual point or edge…
Cloth Simulations for Motion Graphics in CINEMA 4D is a project-based learning experience that follows three projects from start to finish: an animated flag blowing in the wind, opening and closing theater curtains, and a cloth-on-object logo reveal. Each project is rich with lessons that artists can adapt and apply to any cloth animation. Author Alan Demafiles will help viewers use the C4D Cloth tag and colliders, attach cloth to other geometry in a scene, loop simulations, correct imperfections with the morph deformer, and apply logos and other patterns to fabric. Start watching to incorporate cloth simulations into your mograph skillset.
- Creating geometry for cloth
- Working with the C4D Cloth tag
- Using caches
- Modeling and texturing cloth
- Adding constraints
- Attaching cloth to geometry
- Creating cloth collisions
- Adding lights
- Animating morphs and reveals
- Rendering the cloth animation
Skill Level Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Animating with C4D Effectorswith EJ Hassenfratz1h 39m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Retiming and Tracking Footagewith Ian Robinson2h 46m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Spline Dynamics with Cinema 4Dwith EJ Hassenfratz1h 13m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Creating a Sports Bumperwith EJ Hassenfratz2h 25m Intermediate
1. Core Concepts
2. Creating a Flag
3. Creating Theater Curtains
4. Creating the Reveal Cloth
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.