Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating the logo, part of Cinema 4D: Cloth Simulations for Motion Graphics.
- Another creative way to use Cloth in Motion Graphics…involves using it as a Reveal for an object or a logo.…We'll start with Illustrator artwork and see how to use…the Extrude object inside Cinema 4D to introduce depth.…So, here I am in Illustrator.…I've got my logo.…And there's two considerations that we need to make…before we import this inside Cinema.…The first one being that anything that you might have…as text, actual fonts, we want to convert that to outlines.…And so, to show that, this is live text here.…I've got my text tool, and I can still edit this.…
Right.…And I need to convert that into artwork, to outlines.…So, I'll select my layer, and right click on it.…And here, Create Outlines.…And now, if we zoom in, you'll notice that this is actual,…a spline artwork that I can alter as splines…but not as text.…So, that's the first consideration.…I'm going to go ahead and delete that since we won't…want to import that.…All this other stuff has been already converted…into outlines, but the second piece is that we need…
Cloth Simulations for Motion Graphics in CINEMA 4D is a project-based learning experience that follows three projects from start to finish: an animated flag blowing in the wind, opening and closing theater curtains, and a cloth-on-object logo reveal. Each project is rich with lessons that artists can adapt and apply to any cloth animation. Author Alan Demafiles will help viewers use the C4D Cloth tag and colliders, attach cloth to other geometry in a scene, loop simulations, correct imperfections with the morph deformer, and apply logos and other patterns to fabric. Start watching to incorporate cloth simulations into your mograph skillset.
- Creating geometry for cloth
- Working with the C4D Cloth tag
- Using caches
- Modeling and texturing cloth
- Adding constraints
- Attaching cloth to geometry
- Creating cloth collisions
- Adding lights
- Animating morphs and reveals
- Rendering the cloth animation
Skill Level Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Animating with C4D Effectorswith EJ Hassenfratz1h 39m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Retiming and Tracking Footagewith Ian Robinson2h 46m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Spline Dynamics with Cinema 4Dwith EJ Hassenfratz1h 13m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Creating a Sports Bumperwith EJ Hassenfratz2h 25m Intermediate
1. Core Concepts
2. Creating a Flag
3. Creating Theater Curtains
4. Creating the Reveal Cloth
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.