Creating animation that can stop, start, and ease into position is a fundamental part of motion graphics animations. In this video, learn how to do this by manipulating an object's motion path using f-curves in the CINEMA 4D timeline.
- [Instructor] Now let's look at creating animation…that stops and starts and eases.…So we've got this logo and I would like it to…come from somewhere over here in the zed direction…and fly up to this point, stop and then fly off again.…So we'll select the logo and will create a key frame…on the zed position, frame 15.…And then we want to move it back in zed direction.…And we can do that by turning off these x and y handles.…
If I just go back to frame zero and…now when I just click on the model…it's constrained, even if I'm moving around…it's constrained to just that axis,…which is very handy.…So now I can just fire it off…into the distance like so and set a key frame.…So it's gonna come zooming forwards…and then at some point it's gonna fly off.…Probably quite far where,…just trying to get a very big number…and if we want to we can just type in something like -800.…
Alright so at the key frame.…So if we rewind the play head and shift F…is the keyboard shortcut for that, by the way,…you can now press play and it's flying…
- Setting up scenes
- Modeling with splines
- Using Illustrator files in C4D
- Extruding depth and detail
- Animating in the Timeline
- Creating clones
- Using effectors
- Lighting motion graphics
- Applying materials
- Creating animated materials
- Compositing multipass renders with After Effects and C4D
- Rendering motion graphics in C4D
Skill Level Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Creating a Sports Bumperwith EJ Hassenfratz2h 26m Intermediate
1. What Are Motion Graphics?
2. Setting Up a Project for Motion Graphics
3. Working with Splines
4. Working with the Timeline
5. The Power of MoGraph
6. Lighting for Motion Graphics
7. Materials for Motion Graphics
8. Rendering and Compositing for Motion Graphics
9. Motion Graphics Challenge
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.