When working with reflective materials, the environment is very important because materials need something to reflect. In this video, learn how to light objects with HDRI Sky objects and reflective geometry-employing tricks from traditional photography.
- When working with reflective materials,…it's important to put a reflective environment…in the scene.…The environment is as important, if not more important…than the material because without an image to reflect…the material is pretty much useless.…So what we need to do to this scene…is enhance the look with reflective objects.…Let's take a render and just see…where we are at the moment.…I've animated this outer ring…and just moved some of the rotation and stuff…with these other things because I just wannna show,…I wanna get a sense of how this would look in motion.…
Shift + R, we'll just let that render to the picture viewer.…This is where we're up to at the moment.…If we come in, there's some reflections…but it doesn't look that great.…So let's come and fix that.…Now, the first thing we can do…is come over to here, add a sky object, and immediately,…that sky will be reflected in our materials.…But we wanna go one better than that.…We can change the mood by using high dynamic range images…so we can create a new material here,…
- Setting up scenes
- Modeling with splines
- Using Illustrator files in C4D
- Extruding depth and detail
- Animating in the Timeline
- Creating clones
- Using effectors
- Lighting motion graphics
- Applying materials
- Creating animated materials
- Compositing multipass renders with After Effects and C4D
- Rendering motion graphics in C4D
Skill Level Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Creating a Sports Bumperwith EJ Hassenfratz2h 26m Intermediate
1. What Are Motion Graphics?
2. Setting Up a Project for Motion Graphics
3. Working with Splines
4. Working with the Timeline
5. The Power of MoGraph
6. Lighting for Motion Graphics
7. Materials for Motion Graphics
8. Rendering and Compositing for Motion Graphics
9. Motion Graphics Challenge
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.