Spline modeling is a powerful and flexible workflow for creating 3D geometry. In this video, learn how to use the generator objects in CINEMA 4D to build complex models from simple shapes.
- [Instructor] Most people coming into 3D…from the 2D world of motion graphics are not 3D modelers.…If this is you, you're probably used to creating…2D shapes in Illustrator.…Well let's harness that knowledge…and I'll show you how we can begin to create models…using splines and generator objects.…All generators follow a similar parent and child hierarchy…but the lathe is a good start…because the hierarchy is simple.…So what we're going to do is begin by creating…a spline so I'm going to create one using my pen tool…and make sure I'm in point mode as well…and just come over to the front view.…
Going to back out a touch,…give myself a bit of room to create something.…So let's just start creating some points…and we can just keep clicking in here…and we'll come up and finish off our spline…and just press Escape and that will stop creating.…You can just choose the move tool now…and come in and move this point so that it's on zero.…X, just moving it over.…I might want to just bend it in a bit as well…using the handles.…
- Setting up scenes
- Modeling with splines
- Using Illustrator files in C4D
- Extruding depth and detail
- Animating in the Timeline
- Creating clones
- Using effectors
- Lighting motion graphics
- Applying materials
- Creating animated materials
- Compositing multipass renders with After Effects and C4D
- Rendering motion graphics in C4D
Skill Level Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Creating a Sports Bumperwith EJ Hassenfratz2h 26m Intermediate
1. What Are Motion Graphics?
2. Setting Up a Project for Motion Graphics
3. Working with Splines
4. Working with the Timeline
5. The Power of MoGraph
6. Lighting for Motion Graphics
7. Materials for Motion Graphics
8. Rendering and Compositing for Motion Graphics
9. Motion Graphics Challenge
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.