Shaders are generated by CINEMA 4D using mathematical formulas and have a wide gamut of uses. In this video, learn how to create colors and patterns with shaders.
- [Instructor] Now, let's look at how we will…create color and patterns with shaders.…So, we've got this MoGraph object,…which is doing some crazy animation.…And we need to make it a bit more interesting than this.…It's currently just using the scene lighting…and the environment that's around it.…It has this basic material on,…which has a bit of reflectance,…and that's why we're getting the environment…reflected back in it.…What we can do is come to the color channel…and actually use the power of MoGraph…to colorize the MoGraph object.…
So, we have this hierarchy of clones within clones.…And on the first one, I'm going to select Effector…and create a random effector, which is right here.…And that's going to start moving these around.…We're gonna turn that off.…And we're interested in the color mode.…We want to give these clones a random color,…so we're gonna turn that on.…And next I'm going to just drop the cloner…into this little list that we have here.…So we're nice and organized.…
And with that random effector still selected,…
- Setting up scenes
- Modeling with splines
- Using Illustrator files in C4D
- Extruding depth and detail
- Animating in the Timeline
- Creating clones
- Using effectors
- Lighting motion graphics
- Applying materials
- Creating animated materials
- Compositing multipass renders with After Effects and C4D
- Rendering motion graphics in C4D
Skill Level Intermediate
1. What Are Motion Graphics?
2. Setting Up a Project for Motion Graphics
3. Working with Splines
4. Working with the Timeline
5. The Power of MoGraph
6. Lighting for Motion Graphics
7. Materials for Motion Graphics
8. Rendering and Compositing for Motion Graphics
9. Motion Graphics Challenge
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.