The Cloner is the core of the powerful CINEMA 4D MoGraph system; it takes objects which are its children and displays them using different modes and parameters. In this video, learn how to use the Cloner object.
- [Narrator] So how do you create clones?…Well, let's make an object that we want to clone.…So I'm just creating a cube,…gonna press t on the keyboard,…and scale it down like so.…Next we need to come to our Mograph menu…and add a cloner.…The cloner is a generator object.…We know that generators need another object…to actually do something.…So we're gonna make the cube a child of the cloner,…and now we have clones…being created using the default settings…which are here.…And there's a lot of settings here,…so we're not gonna go through everything.…
But, we will look at some of the modes…and how the cloner uses those clones…that are in it's object list.…So, first up is the linear mode.…And we can increase the count.…We have control over the way…that the clones are distributed,…you can imagine creating really quick staircase…or something.…What if we just make our clones a bit wider.…Something like so.…Now, the clones don't have to be just a straight line.…You can rotate them,…manipulate them in all kinds of ways, twisting.…
- Setting up scenes
- Modeling with splines
- Using Illustrator files in C4D
- Extruding depth and detail
- Animating in the Timeline
- Creating clones
- Using effectors
- Lighting motion graphics
- Applying materials
- Creating animated materials
- Compositing multipass renders with After Effects and C4D
- Rendering motion graphics in C4D
Skill Level Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Creating a Sports Bumperwith EJ Hassenfratz2h 26m Intermediate
1. What Are Motion Graphics?
2. Setting Up a Project for Motion Graphics
3. Working with Splines
4. Working with the Timeline
5. The Power of MoGraph
6. Lighting for Motion Graphics
7. Materials for Motion Graphics
8. Rendering and Compositing for Motion Graphics
9. Motion Graphics Challenge
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.