Lights will dramatically change the appearance of objects in CINEMA 4D, adding depth and dimension. In this video, learn how to create a basic three-point lighting setup.
- [Instructor] We're now going to create…a basic lighting setup to illuminate this logo.…And as you can see, it's just got…the standard C4D material on.…And it's rather dull and boring.…So, I've just made this material…which I'm going to use to facilitate…the lighting of this object.…It's kind of middle grey and it has a high specular.…So we can just pick up some of the specular highlights.…And it should just help a little bit.…So, let's begin.…
Now, you can create lights by coming up to this menu here.…And we're going to use Target Lights,…quite useful because a tag is created on the light.…This is a target tag and it has this null,…which is the light target, as its target object.…All you do is just drag it in.…And so, that's all been set up for us.…And you can see the target is here,…which is, it's kinda in the right place for us, I think.…Yep, that looks good.…And so now we can use our four views.…
And we can start creating a lighting setup.…It's important to have the interactive render region on,…so "alt r" and we'll just re-size that a bit,…
- Setting up scenes
- Modeling with splines
- Using Illustrator files in C4D
- Extruding depth and detail
- Animating in the Timeline
- Creating clones
- Using effectors
- Lighting motion graphics
- Applying materials
- Creating animated materials
- Compositing multipass renders with After Effects and C4D
- Rendering motion graphics in C4D
Skill Level Intermediate
1. What Are Motion Graphics?
2. Setting Up a Project for Motion Graphics
3. Working with Splines
4. Working with the Timeline
5. The Power of MoGraph
6. Lighting for Motion Graphics
7. Materials for Motion Graphics
8. Rendering and Compositing for Motion Graphics
9. Motion Graphics Challenge
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.