The Material Manager is where you create and store materials in CINEMA 4D and they can be applied to objects in a variety of ways. In this video, learn how to create materials and apply them to objects using various methods including selection tags.
- When you create materials,…you are going to do so in the Material Manager.…That's typically found in the bottom…of the standard layout.…Right here.…If you can't see this...…If you don't have a layout like this,…you should do.…But if not,…you can always get to the standard layout…just by pressing that button there in the...…Top right.…So then, here we are in the material manager,…and we already have him it.…This is where all our materials…are going to be stored.…We already have one in here…and to create a new one,…you can just come here…and say "Create New Material".…
"cmd+N".…Or my favorite method,…which is just double-clicking…inside of the Material Manager.…So, we've already discussed…that materials are made up of channels,…and we'll just give this a bit of color.…And what we can do is apply this material…to the objects in the scene.…So, we're going to do a few methods.…We've got this drag-and-drop…onto the object in the View port.…We can drag-and-drop onto…the object in the Object Manager.…You can also select the material…
- Setting up scenes
- Modeling with splines
- Using Illustrator files in C4D
- Extruding depth and detail
- Animating in the Timeline
- Creating clones
- Using effectors
- Lighting motion graphics
- Applying materials
- Creating animated materials
- Compositing multipass renders with After Effects and C4D
- Rendering motion graphics in C4D
Skill Level Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Creating a Sports Bumperwith EJ Hassenfratz2h 26m Intermediate
1. What Are Motion Graphics?
2. Setting Up a Project for Motion Graphics
3. Working with Splines
4. Working with the Timeline
5. The Power of MoGraph
6. Lighting for Motion Graphics
7. Materials for Motion Graphics
8. Rendering and Compositing for Motion Graphics
9. Motion Graphics Challenge
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.