Copying keyframes from one object to another can speed up your animation workflow and offsetting keyframes can produce interesting layered animations. In this video, learn the techniques for copying and offsetting keyframes in the CINEMA 4D timeline.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Andy] Let's look at how we can re-time…and manipulate key frames.…We've taken the H+ Sport logo…and the idea being to abstract an element of it…and what we want to do…is have various sweeps…(these ones that are yellow)…come around and then want another one…to encompass the rest of those sweeps.…What I've done is I've animated the first sweep…and the end growth.…
You can see those key frames here.…I'm happy with that motion and what I'd like to do…is copy it onto the other sweeps…and then off-set it in time.…We can do this a few ways.…With our playhead back at frame zero,…what I want to do is copy this animation…onto this object in the same parameter.…To do that, we need a track to store the animation.…You can either create a keyframe by clicking…and that creates a track,…or you can right-click and choose "Animation"…"Add Track" and you can see something has changed,…so we would need to make a change on that.…
What I'm going to do is I'm just going to make a keyframe,…because I that I wanted to start at frame zero.…
- Setting up scenes
- Modeling with splines
- Using Illustrator files in C4D
- Extruding depth and detail
- Animating in the Timeline
- Creating clones
- Using effectors
- Lighting motion graphics
- Applying materials
- Creating animated materials
- Compositing multipass renders with After Effects and C4D
- Rendering motion graphics in C4D
Skill Level Intermediate
1. What Are Motion Graphics?
2. Setting Up a Project for Motion Graphics
3. Working with Splines
4. Working with the Timeline
5. The Power of MoGraph
6. Lighting for Motion Graphics
7. Materials for Motion Graphics
8. Rendering and Compositing for Motion Graphics
9. Motion Graphics Challenge
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.