The Compositing tag can turn on and off various functions of the renderer on a per object basis and the External Compositing tag is used to send the 3D matrix of an object to a compositing program such as Adobe After Effects. In this video, learn how to use both of these powerful CINEMA 4D tags.
- [Narrator] The compositing tag can really help…fix troublesome scenes.…What I mean by that is you can turn on and off…various functions of the renderer on a per-object basis.…We've seen how the compositing tag…can be used to hide objects from the camera's view.…We have that here,…with the sky object here it's being…hidden,…it's not seen by the camera.…We can do more with it.…Let's take a look at how we would…remove this ground reflection…because it's clashing with…the reflection of the environment.…
So we'll just twirl this up…and select our ground…and we'll right click into Cinema 4D Tags,…Compositing.…Okay so with this, we can then look at…what we want to turn off…and we want to turn off the seen by reflection.…So if I turn that off, that's a global switch,…and so it won't be seen by any of these other objects.…Now there's various other things we can look at here.…You can force NTA on a parallel object basis…You can stop objects from casting shadows…if you're using global illumination…or ambient occlusion you can change those settings here too.…
- Setting up scenes
- Modeling with splines
- Using Illustrator files in C4D
- Extruding depth and detail
- Animating in the Timeline
- Creating clones
- Using effectors
- Lighting motion graphics
- Applying materials
- Creating animated materials
- Compositing multipass renders with After Effects and C4D
- Rendering motion graphics in C4D
Skill Level Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Creating a Sports Bumperwith EJ Hassenfratz2h 26m Intermediate
1. What Are Motion Graphics?
2. Setting Up a Project for Motion Graphics
3. Working with Splines
4. Working with the Timeline
5. The Power of MoGraph
6. Lighting for Motion Graphics
7. Materials for Motion Graphics
8. Rendering and Compositing for Motion Graphics
9. Motion Graphics Challenge
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.