In most cases an image will need to undergo a finishing process before it is considered final. In this video, learn how to composite a multipass render in Adobe After Effects by manipulating blending modes.
- [Instructor] Compositing is about looking at the shot…and asking questions.…Questions like how can you improve on the beauty pass?…And it would be very difficult to make significant changes…to the RGB output that we have here,…because it's a flattened image.…But multi-pass compositing allows you…to explore options for achieving different looks,…because the beauty pass…has been separated into its component elements.…So the process of compositing multi-pass renders…is to take the frames and then layer them up…using blending modes to rebuild the beauty pass.…
And then from there you can make your choices…as to how the shot will be improved.…So let's begin.…Now I will take my diffuse…and I'll add that into a new composition.…I'm just going to drag this composition…out of this folder structure.…I'm going to press the ~ key to maximize this Project panel…and I'll just drag it out.…And I'm going to press cmd + k…and I can then rename this to be beauty.…
So I'll press the tilde key again…to return to where we were.…Now this doesn't look quite right,…
- What is VFX?
- How is C4D used by VFX artists?
- Setting up a project for tracking
- Solving the 3D camera
- Removing lens distortion
- Solving and saving lens profiles
- Importing a model
- Manipulating keyframes and curves
- Creating shiny, refractive, and displaced materials
- Working with C4D lights and shadows
- Lighting with Sky objects
- Compositing mulitpass renders
Skill Level Intermediate
Cinema 4D R18 Essential Training: Motion Graphicswith Andy Needham5h 12m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Animating with C4D Effectorswith EJ Hassenfratz1h 39m Intermediate
1. What Is VFX?
2. The Importance of Motion Tracking
3. Preparing and Animating Models for VFX
4. Basic Materials
5. Basic VFX Lighting
6. Camera Projection and Modelling
7. Takes, Tokens, and Multipass Rendering
Challenge overview1m 49s
Next steps1m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.