Join Andy Needham for an in-depth discussion in this video Composite multipass renders, part of Cinema 4D R20 Essential Training: VFX.
- [Instructor] In this movie, … we'll look at how the multi-pass render … we set up earlier in the chapter was composited to achieve … the result you see on screen now. … So, here we are in AfterEffects, … and the view is displaying an unexpected output … because we haven't set up our project correctly. … So, click on here, where it says 8-bit, … and we'll choose 16-bits per channel, … the working color space is going to be SRGB, … and we'll linearize the working space … and then we'll choose okay. … And now, the viewer looks as expected. … That's because we worked in linear work flow … and we rendered a multi-pass image from Cinema4D, … which has the linear color profile embedded. … Now, I'm not going to go into … the entire process of comping this … and you may receive an error when you open up this project … about missing plugins. … But just know, if you come over to the main comp here, … we have a flattened version of the comp … so you should be able to see what I'm seeing now. … So, compositing is about looking at a shot …
- What are VFX?
- Automatic and manual 2D tracking
- Solving the 3D camera
- Calibrating a camera
- Scene reconstruction
- Object tracking
- Animating geometry
- Animating cameras
- Creating and applying materials
- Working with Projection Man
- Creating fractures
- Making fractures move
- Rendering using takes and tokens
- Compositing multipass renders
Skill Level Intermediate
OctaneRender for Cinema 4D Essential Trainingwith Andy Needham4h 59m Intermediate
X-Particles 4 for Cinema 4D Essential Trainingwith Andy Needham5h 40m Intermediate
Cinema 4D R20 Essential Training: Motion Graphicswith Andy Needham4h 59m Intermediate
1. What Are VFX?
2. Get Started with Motion Tracking in C4D
3. Motion Tracker: Solve and Calibrate
4. Motion Tracker: Additional Workflows
5. Geometry, Cameras, and Animation
6. Materials and Lighting
7. Work with Projection Man
8. Destruction Techniques with Voronoi Fracture
9. Takes, Tokens, and Rendering
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.