Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video Cloth setup, part of Cinema 4D: Cloth Simulations for Motion Graphics.
- So now for the next step, we're going…to create a cloth from a plane object,…and use the Cloth Tag to drape it over the logo.…So previously we've created a ColliderHelper…to encase our logo.…We also need to make another ColliderHelper…in the shape of a floor,…so that the cloth has something to react against.…So let's make a simple plane object.…And we'll rename that "floor."…We'll take the scale tool and make this larger.…And let's go ahead and create a figure object.…
Now this figure object is 183 centimeters,…which is roughly six feet tall.…And I'm going to move him into place…on the base of the floor here.…And just by looking at it, we have…a sense of our scale reference.…And right now, if we were to do this…cloth simulation, we'd be working with a cloth…that's almost as large as a parking lot.…Let's scale this guy down so that the simulation…is a little bit more realistic.…So to do that, I'm going to create…a brand new null, and I'm going…to temporarily take all of my elements here,…except my figure, and drag it under the null.…
Cloth Simulations for Motion Graphics in CINEMA 4D is a project-based learning experience that follows three projects from start to finish: an animated flag blowing in the wind, opening and closing theater curtains, and a cloth-on-object logo reveal. Each project is rich with lessons that artists can adapt and apply to any cloth animation. Author Alan Demafiles will help viewers use the C4D Cloth tag and colliders, attach cloth to other geometry in a scene, loop simulations, correct imperfections with the morph deformer, and apply logos and other patterns to fabric. Start watching to incorporate cloth simulations into your mograph skillset.
- Creating geometry for cloth
- Working with the C4D Cloth tag
- Using caches
- Modeling and texturing cloth
- Adding constraints
- Attaching cloth to geometry
- Creating cloth collisions
- Adding lights
- Animating morphs and reveals
- Rendering the cloth animation
Skill Level Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Animating with C4D Effectorswith EJ Hassenfratz1h 39m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Retiming and Tracking Footagewith Ian Robinson2h 46m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Spline Dynamics with Cinema 4Dwith EJ Hassenfratz1h 13m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Creating a Sports Bumperwith EJ Hassenfratz2h 26m Intermediate
1. Core Concepts
2. Creating a Flag
3. Creating Theater Curtains
4. Creating the Reveal Cloth
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.