Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video Cloth reveal troubleshooting, part of Cloth Simulations for Motion Graphics in CINEMA 4D.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- Now that we have a bulk of our simulation in place,…let's go ahead and take a look at finding some…of the last little bits of detail.…So in our cache,…we've noticed that there was a bit of overlapping here…or intersecting of geometry at the beginning.…So, let's go ahead and fix that right now.…Right here.…Let's go ahead and take the cloth tag…and just make sure under expert mode…that we have self collision enabled.…So by doing so, that's probably going to help us…out considerably.…Let's go ahead and re-cache that.…Empty the cache and start over.…
Alright, now that that's cached into memory,…let's play back and see what issues remain.…Looks like that's called gone there.…Okay, I'm just going to go through…and make sure everything else is cool.…We'll step through hitting "g" on the keyboard.…And yeah, I think that pretty much solved the issue.…There is a little bit of...…See how this jumps immediately…from frame zero to one to two.…
We might be able to smooth that out a little bit further…by taking the dult tag and the influence right here.…
Cloth Simulations for Motion Graphics in CINEMA 4D is a project-based learning experience that follows three projects from start to finish: an animated flag blowing in the wind, opening and closing theater curtains, and a cloth-on-object logo reveal. Each project is rich with lessons that artists can adapt and apply to any cloth animation. Author Alan Demafiles will help viewers use the C4D Cloth tag and colliders, attach cloth to other geometry in a scene, loop simulations, correct imperfections with the morph deformer, and apply logos and other patterns to fabric. Start watching to incorporate cloth simulations into your mograph skillset.
- Creating geometry for cloth
- Working with the C4D Cloth tag
- Using caches
- Modeling and texturing cloth
- Adding constraints
- Attaching cloth to geometry
- Creating cloth collisions
- Adding lights
- Animating morphs and reveals
- Rendering the cloth animation
Skill Level Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Animating with C4D Effectorswith EJ Hassenfratz1h 39m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Retiming and Tracking Footagewith Ian Robinson2h 46m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Spline Dynamics with CINEMA 4Dwith EJ Hassenfratz1h 13m Intermediate
1. Core Concepts
2. Creating a Flag
3. Creating Theater Curtains
4. Creating the Reveal Cloth
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.