Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video Cloth reveal settings comparison, part of Cloth Simulations for Motion Graphics in CINEMA 4D.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- So to kind of sum up this section,…I wanted to follow up the cloth reveal…with a study on the different settings…and how they play into the characteristic of the cloth.…So down here, I've got three examples.…This here is roughly what we had…for our build demos.…So we had a cloth that was 1600 polygons.…This cloth setting was set to 25 for sub samples,…so it's pretty accurate I suppose.…And the stiffness and flexion are set to 10,…with one iteration.…So let's go ahead and run this…and see how this plays out.…
So from a characteristic standpoint,…it looks like and it's behaving…much like what we had in our original build.…Now this second version,…the only difference here,…it's the same animation.…But now we have our stiffness and flexion…set to 100.…So let's play that back.…And let's view both of them…so we can kind of compare.…Okay, so once we start pulling off…and the cloth comes over to this end,…you can see how different this reacts over here.…This one still has a little bit of give…on the elasticity, thanks to the lower…
Cloth Simulations for Motion Graphics in CINEMA 4D is a project-based learning experience that follows three projects from start to finish: an animated flag blowing in the wind, opening and closing theater curtains, and a cloth-on-object logo reveal. Each project is rich with lessons that artists can adapt and apply to any cloth animation. Author Alan Demafiles will help viewers use the C4D Cloth tag and colliders, attach cloth to other geometry in a scene, loop simulations, correct imperfections with the morph deformer, and apply logos and other patterns to fabric. Start watching to incorporate cloth simulations into your mograph skillset.
- Creating geometry for cloth
- Working with the C4D Cloth tag
- Using caches
- Modeling and texturing cloth
- Adding constraints
- Attaching cloth to geometry
- Creating cloth collisions
- Adding lights
- Animating morphs and reveals
- Rendering the cloth animation
Skill Level Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Animating with C4D Effectorswith EJ Hassenfratz1h 39m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Retiming and Tracking Footagewith Ian Robinson2h 46m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Spline Dynamics with CINEMA 4Dwith EJ Hassenfratz1h 13m Intermediate
1. Core Concepts
2. Creating a Flag
3. Creating Theater Curtains
4. Creating the Reveal Cloth
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.