Explore the Cinema 4D workflow for visual effects (VFX). Learn how to use C4D R20 for tracking, lighting, rendering, compositing, and more.
- [Andy] Hello and welcome my name is Andy Needham and I'm very much looking forward to working through this Cinema 4D R20 Essential training course with you. We jump straight into the motion tracking workflow where I cover automatic and manual 2D tracking and offer techniques for analyzing and refining tracking data in the motion tracker graph view. We explore additional motion tracker workflows like scene reconstruction and object tracking. I designed this course so that you would have a rounded foundation of the software and we will learn about various file formats which are common to VFX workflows and how to optimize models with the polygon reduction and level of detail tools. We learn about how to create animations for shot pre visualization by morphing between cameras. How lights work in 3D and techniques for creating and modifying materials as well as how to get work out of Cinema 4D for further work in post. Projection mapping is a common workflow when creating VFX shots and I cover working with Projection Man and how to bake textures. Additionally we cover a really fun topic, destruction techniques with cinema 4D's veronoi fracture object and dynamic system. Working on visual effect shots can be challenging but also a lot of fun. And Cinema 4D has some fantastic tools, to facilitate your VFX work flow. I'm very excited for you to learn these powerful concepts and to share this information with you. So if you're ready let's get started.
- What are VFX?
- Automatic and manual 2D tracking
- Solving the 3D camera
- Calibrating a camera
- Scene reconstruction
- Object tracking
- Animating geometry
- Animating cameras
- Creating and applying materials
- Working with Projection Man
- Creating fractures
- Making fractures move
- Rendering using takes and tokens
- Compositing multipass renders
Skill Level Intermediate
OctaneRender for Cinema 4D Essential Trainingwith Andy Needham4h 59m Intermediate
X-Particles 4 for Cinema 4D Essential Trainingwith Andy Needham5h 40m Intermediate
Cinema 4D R20 Essential Training: Motion Graphicswith Andy Needham4h 59m Intermediate
1. What Are VFX?
2. Get Started with Motion Tracking in C4D
3. Motion Tracker: Solve and Calibrate
4. Motion Tracker: Additional Workflows
5. Geometry, Cameras, and Animation
6. Materials and Lighting
7. Work with Projection Man
8. Destruction Techniques with Voronoi Fracture
9. Takes, Tokens, and Rendering
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.