CINEMA 4D Essentials 2: Polygon and Spline Modeling
CINEMA 4D Essentials with Rob Garrott is a graduated introduction to this complex 3D modeling, rendering, and animation program, which breaks down into installments that can be completed within 2 hours. This installment covers the basics of the 3D modeling toolkit: splines and polygons. Rob reveals the components behind polygonal-modeling (points, edges, and polygons) and how to manipulate them with the tools in CINEMA 4D. He then walks through splines, an alternative to polygons that uses curves to create 3D geometry. The final chapter shows how to combine these techniques by creating a model of a speaker system.
- Understanding points, edges, and polygons
- Working with the Knife, Extrude, and Bridge tools
- Connecting splines
- Rounding corners
- Extruding paths from Illustrator
- Reviewing the polygon and spline modeling workflow
- Working with NURBs
- Hi, I'm Rob Garrott. Welcome to Cinema 4D Essentials points, edges, polygons, and splines. There are fundamental building blocks that make up all 3D objects and understanding how they work will help create just about any kind of object you could imagine. First off, we'll look at the basic elements, points, edges, and polygons, and some of the key tools for creating and manipulating models at the component level. Next, we'll work with splines, which are a lot like the paths in programs like Photoshop, Illustrator, and After Effects. Then we'll put all of those concepts to work, creating a 3D model of an audio speaker.
So let's get started with Cinema 4d Essentials polygons and splines.
Photoshop Artist in Action: Tim Grey's Prayer Sticks8,505 Views
Recovering Photos from Memory Cards33,244 Views
iOS 6 SDK New Features65,015 Views
Creative Inspirations: Second Story, Interactive Design Studio78,754 Views
Pro Tools 8 Essential Training363,384 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Fundamentals1,676,368 Views
CINEMA 4D R16 Essential Training457,924 Views
After Effects CC Essential Training2,626,905 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Mastery301,789 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Advanced391,623 Views