Join Andy Needham for an in-depth discussion in this video Calibrate a camera, part of Cinema 4D R20 Essential Training: VFX.
- [Narrator] The camera calibrator tag helps … obtain the position, perspective, … and focal length of a camera … by lining up grids and lines to an image. … We're going to use it … to find out the focal length of the camera … so that we can supply that information … to the motion tracker object prior to solving. … So first we'll create a camera, … and then we'll look through it … and we'll come over to Tags, Cinema 4D Tags, … and add the Camera Calibrator. … Now the camera calibrator … needs an image, so we'll load one in. … And then we'll move over to the … calibrate tab and we can start to add some … lines, grids, and things like that. … And the goal is to get some solve data … and the focal length. … So we'll add a grid, … and I'm going to position the points … and as I do so, we get this zoomed up view … of where our point is going to drop … so we can line that up … with the table here. … Now if this bit's hard to see … we could lower the brightness … and then, position that point …
- What are VFX?
- Automatic and manual 2D tracking
- Solving the 3D camera
- Calibrating a camera
- Scene reconstruction
- Object tracking
- Animating geometry
- Animating cameras
- Creating and applying materials
- Working with Projection Man
- Creating fractures
- Making fractures move
- Rendering using takes and tokens
- Compositing multipass renders
Skill Level Intermediate
OctaneRender for Cinema 4D Essential Trainingwith Andy Needham4h 59m Intermediate
X-Particles 4 for Cinema 4D Essential Trainingwith Andy Needham5h 40m Intermediate
Cinema 4D R20 Essential Training: Motion Graphicswith Andy Needham4h 59m Intermediate
1. What Are VFX?
2. Get Started with Motion Tracking in C4D
3. Motion Tracker: Solve and Calibrate
4. Motion Tracker: Additional Workflows
5. Geometry, Cameras, and Animation
6. Materials and Lighting
7. Work with Projection Man
8. Destruction Techniques with Voronoi Fracture
9. Takes, Tokens, and Rendering
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.