Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video Caching and looping the sim, part of Cinema 4D: Cloth Simulations for Motion Graphics.
- Now that we have our cloth simulation dialed in,…let's go ahead and look at how we can…maximize the simulation itself,…and get the most efficiency by having it loop.…Often times in motion graphics,…you'll take a certain piece of footage and have it loop…so that way you can dictate its duration and not have to,…you know, you can save on disk space as well.…So it makes a lot of sense to not have to render out…a 3000-frame simulation, when you can render out 300…and loop that, so let's see how we can apply that…to our flag by use of the Point Cache tag.…
So let's go ahead and right click here on our flag,…and we'll go down to Character Tags, Point Cache.…And let's drag this guy down to the end here.…And let's play back our simulation,…and let's take a look at what's going on here.…So for the most part, this is still live,…our cloth tag is still calculating this simulation…on the fly, frame by frame,…so if we jump forward and backward, it's going to appear…to be the same, because it's just going to pick up…where that last frame was.…
Cloth Simulations for Motion Graphics in CINEMA 4D is a project-based learning experience that follows three projects from start to finish: an animated flag blowing in the wind, opening and closing theater curtains, and a cloth-on-object logo reveal. Each project is rich with lessons that artists can adapt and apply to any cloth animation. Author Alan Demafiles will help viewers use the C4D Cloth tag and colliders, attach cloth to other geometry in a scene, loop simulations, correct imperfections with the morph deformer, and apply logos and other patterns to fabric. Start watching to incorporate cloth simulations into your mograph skillset.
- Creating geometry for cloth
- Working with the C4D Cloth tag
- Using caches
- Modeling and texturing cloth
- Adding constraints
- Attaching cloth to geometry
- Creating cloth collisions
- Adding lights
- Animating morphs and reveals
- Rendering the cloth animation
Skill Level Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Animating with C4D Effectorswith EJ Hassenfratz1h 39m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Retiming and Tracking Footagewith Ian Robinson2h 46m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Spline Dynamics with Cinema 4Dwith EJ Hassenfratz1h 13m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Creating a Sports Bumperwith EJ Hassenfratz2h 26m Intermediate
1. Core Concepts
2. Creating a Flag
3. Creating Theater Curtains
4. Creating the Reveal Cloth
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.