The Spline Mask object can be used to create complex spline shapes in CINEMA 4D. In this video, learn how to work with the Spline Mask and the Chamfer tool to manipulate splines further.
- [Instructor] Up until now, we've used the spline tools…to draw, and manipulate splines.…And, we've also used the primitive spline objects.…Now, let's look how we would use some other objects,…to create complex shapes.…So, let's start with a primitive spline.…We're going to use the rectangle.…I'm just going to change the size…to be nine by 38. Quite small.…I'm going to put it on the XZ plane.…So, it just lies flat, pointing up at the y.…Let's just zoom in on that.…
And, press s to frame up, as well.…So, I want to turn this into a plus symbol,…with a bit of rounding.…And, of course, you can add rounding,…within the spline primitive, here.…But, we're going to do it a different way.…We're going to make this rectangle editable.…So, we can press c, on the keyboard,…or, you can press this button, here.…And, that's converted it, from a parametrics spline…to a regular spline. So, now, we have access…to all the points.…If we go into point mode, we can press cmd a,…and that will select them all.…
And, if we right click in the v port,…
- Setting up scenes
- Modeling with splines
- Using Illustrator files in C4D
- Extruding depth and detail
- Animating in the Timeline
- Creating clones
- Using effectors
- Lighting motion graphics
- Applying materials
- Creating animated materials
- Compositing multipass renders with After Effects and C4D
- Rendering motion graphics in C4D
Skill Level Intermediate
1. What Are Motion Graphics?
2. Setting Up a Project for Motion Graphics
3. Working with Splines
4. Working with the Timeline
5. The Power of MoGraph
6. Lighting for Motion Graphics
7. Materials for Motion Graphics
8. Rendering and Compositing for Motion Graphics
9. Motion Graphics Challenge
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.