The Voronoi Fracture is a new MoGraph object for procedurally breaking apart objects in CINEMA 4D R18. Learn the basic setup and various uses including combining fractures with dynamics simulations.
- [Voiceover] Let's look at how…we'd break objects apart C4D.…And this is a new feature to Release 18,…and my favorite one in a very long time.…So we can take any object and procedurally break it apart.…And this is great because you can do it right…inside of C4D without any third-party plug-in.…So how do we do that?…Come up to the MoGraph menu…and grab the Voronoi Fracture object.…And then we'll just drop the cube in,…make it a child…and immediately we'll see some fracturing happen.…
So we've got these pieces.…The properties of this object are…really simple to understand, really.…It looks quite complex.…Here we've just got the options colorize fragments…and you'll get updates in the view port…with the auto-update settings.…The main thing here is the sources tab.…By default we've got this point generator,…so we need to do to find out more about it…is to click onto it…and then you'll get all this information underneath,…so the amount of points,…and the random seed will change the way…the points are distributed across the object.…
- Setting up scenes
- Modeling with splines
- Using Illustrator files in C4D
- Extruding depth and detail
- Animating in the Timeline
- Creating clones
- Using effectors
- Lighting motion graphics
- Applying materials
- Creating animated materials
- Compositing multipass renders with After Effects and C4D
- Rendering motion graphics in C4D
Skill Level Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Creating a Sports Bumperwith EJ Hassenfratz2h 26m Intermediate
1. What Are Motion Graphics?
2. Setting Up a Project for Motion Graphics
3. Working with Splines
4. Working with the Timeline
5. The Power of MoGraph
6. Lighting for Motion Graphics
7. Materials for Motion Graphics
8. Rendering and Compositing for Motion Graphics
9. Motion Graphics Challenge
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.