In this video, learn how to animate in Cinema 4D by understanding what keyframes are and how to set them as we animate spaceships jumping to warp speed.
- [Instructor] Let's look at how we'd add…some basic animation to the objects in this scene.…Before we begin I'll just point out,…there are some lights and there are some render settings…in this file and you don't really need to worry about…how I got to those and they are not the focus…of this so we'll just be looking at these objects here.…We've got our high res spaceship…and two low res ones.…The low res one in the middle,…I have left it so that you can look in…and see how it was created.…
So there's various objects here that make it up…and this other one here in the distance…is simply a collapsed down version of that.…So what we'd like to do is animate these objects…so that they're drifting along…and then they all jut off and go into warp speed.…So what we'd like to do is animate the Z axis…but these numbers aren't exactly friendly…and I think there's a simpler way of working with these…and it's when you freeze the transformations.…
So what we can do is freeze all the transformations here,…that would actually freeze anything that's…
- What is VFX?
- How is C4D used by VFX artists?
- Setting up a project for tracking
- Solving the 3D camera
- Removing lens distortion
- Solving and saving lens profiles
- Importing a model
- Manipulating keyframes and curves
- Creating shiny, refractive, and displaced materials
- Working with C4D lights and shadows
- Lighting with Sky objects
- Compositing mulitpass renders
Skill Level Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Animating with C4D Effectorswith EJ Hassenfratz1h 39m Intermediate
Cinema 4D R18 Essential Training: Motion Graphicswith Andy Needham5h 12m Intermediate
1. What Is VFX?
2. The Importance of Motion Tracking
3. Preparing and Animating Models for VFX
4. Basic Materials
5. Basic VFX Lighting
6. Camera Projection and Modelling
7. Takes, Tokens, and Multipass Rendering
Challenge overview1m 49s
Next steps1m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.