Join Andy Needham for an in-depth discussion in this video Baking textures, part of Cinema 4D R20 Essential Training: VFX.
- [Instructor] The UVW tag stores the 3D coordinates, … which define how the material will … be mapped onto the geometry. … And if you animate an object which is camera mapped, … as soon as you move the geometry, … outside the bounds of the camera, … this texture is going to just slip off, … you can see it's not mapped correctly. … So what we need to do is bake the texture. … Let's just undo. … Now to do this, first we need … to make sure our object is editable. … It's a polygonal object, … which means we have access to the points, … edges and polygons. … In this case, we're totally fine. … But if we were to do this method on say … any of these parametric spheres, … we'd need to press C on the keyboard … to make them editable. … Or you can come over and press this button here. … Back on our cylinder, let's focus on that … and to make sure we're doing this correctly, … I'm going to just delete the UVW tag that's stored here, … and we've got a couple of options. … So what we want to do is select the texture tag …
- What are VFX?
- Automatic and manual 2D tracking
- Solving the 3D camera
- Calibrating a camera
- Scene reconstruction
- Object tracking
- Animating geometry
- Animating cameras
- Creating and applying materials
- Working with Projection Man
- Creating fractures
- Making fractures move
- Rendering using takes and tokens
- Compositing multipass renders
Skill Level Intermediate
OctaneRender for Cinema 4D Essential Trainingwith Andy Needham4h 59m Intermediate
X-Particles 4 for Cinema 4D Essential Trainingwith Andy Needham5h 40m Intermediate
Cinema 4D R20 Essential Training: Motion Graphicswith Andy Needham4h 59m Intermediate
1. What Are VFX?
2. Get Started with Motion Tracking in C4D
3. Motion Tracker: Solve and Calibrate
4. Motion Tracker: Additional Workflows
5. Geometry, Cameras, and Animation
6. Materials and Lighting
7. Work with Projection Man
8. Destruction Techniques with Voronoi Fracture
9. Takes, Tokens, and Rendering
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.