Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video Attaching belt constraints, part of Cinema 4D: Cloth Simulations for Motion Graphics.
- Okay so here we have our cloth that's draped over our logo…but you'll notice that we're parked here at frame 21,…and if we come to our cloth tag itself,…the cloth engine is still enabled.…So I like this spot where we are as a starting point,…so let's just make sure that we have this set up…as our intial state.…So we'll go to the Dresser tab and set initial state.…Now when we rewind, it shouldn't move.…If we play, it's going to start calculating from here.…So let's rewind here, and let's now introduce…a helper object that we'll use to pull this cloth off.…
And I'm just going to create a simple plane.…And,…let's go ahead and drag this over to the left here.…And what I want to do, is create this on the plus x axis.…And if I switch over to my ground shading with lines…you'll notice that our grid is 20 by 20.…Don't need this to be that large,…so I'm going to switch to my model mode here,…and just grab this UI here for the handles,…and just shrink that down a little bit.…And let's decrease the density of the grid…
Cloth Simulations for Motion Graphics in CINEMA 4D is a project-based learning experience that follows three projects from start to finish: an animated flag blowing in the wind, opening and closing theater curtains, and a cloth-on-object logo reveal. Each project is rich with lessons that artists can adapt and apply to any cloth animation. Author Alan Demafiles will help viewers use the C4D Cloth tag and colliders, attach cloth to other geometry in a scene, loop simulations, correct imperfections with the morph deformer, and apply logos and other patterns to fabric. Start watching to incorporate cloth simulations into your mograph skillset.
- Creating geometry for cloth
- Working with the C4D Cloth tag
- Using caches
- Modeling and texturing cloth
- Adding constraints
- Attaching cloth to geometry
- Creating cloth collisions
- Adding lights
- Animating morphs and reveals
- Rendering the cloth animation
Skill Level Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Animating with C4D Effectorswith EJ Hassenfratz1h 39m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Retiming and Tracking Footagewith Ian Robinson2h 46m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Spline Dynamics with Cinema 4Dwith EJ Hassenfratz1h 13m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Creating a Sports Bumperwith EJ Hassenfratz2h 25m Intermediate
1. Core Concepts
2. Creating a Flag
3. Creating Theater Curtains
4. Creating the Reveal Cloth
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.