Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video Attaching belt constraints, part of Cinema 4D: Cloth Simulations for Motion Graphics.
- So now that we have our flag pole and our flag objects in…place along with the simulation moving the way that we like,…it's time to introduce another element in Cinema 4D's…cloth system call the belt tag.…And the belt tag allows us to attach…a cloth to another piece of geometry.…So in this video we'll look at how we can attach…the flag to parts of the rope.…Alright, previously we had hidden away some of the other…pieces of the flag pole by soloing it and…so let's turn off the view port Solo.…And so now we can see the flag pole and our flag pole rope.…
Let's go ahead and select our flag and what we want to…have happen is take these points here, these purple points…we had in the cloth tag itself under Dresser.…We said Fix Points, so now when…we run this it's not going to move.…But we really can't move this like, at all.…It's stuck to that particular point.…It'd be great if we could attach the flag to the points…of the rope here and still move the rope…and have everything else follow accordingly.…Right now it's not set up to do that so…
Cloth Simulations for Motion Graphics in CINEMA 4D is a project-based learning experience that follows three projects from start to finish: an animated flag blowing in the wind, opening and closing theater curtains, and a cloth-on-object logo reveal. Each project is rich with lessons that artists can adapt and apply to any cloth animation. Author Alan Demafiles will help viewers use the C4D Cloth tag and colliders, attach cloth to other geometry in a scene, loop simulations, correct imperfections with the morph deformer, and apply logos and other patterns to fabric. Start watching to incorporate cloth simulations into your mograph skillset.
- Creating geometry for cloth
- Working with the C4D Cloth tag
- Using caches
- Modeling and texturing cloth
- Adding constraints
- Attaching cloth to geometry
- Creating cloth collisions
- Adding lights
- Animating morphs and reveals
- Rendering the cloth animation
Skill Level Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Animating with C4D Effectorswith EJ Hassenfratz1h 39m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Retiming and Tracking Footagewith Ian Robinson2h 46m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Spline Dynamics with Cinema 4Dwith EJ Hassenfratz1h 13m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Creating a Sports Bumperwith EJ Hassenfratz2h 25m Intermediate
1. Core Concepts
2. Creating a Flag
3. Creating Theater Curtains
4. Creating the Reveal Cloth
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.