Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video Animating the flag raising, part of Cloth Simulations for Motion Graphics in CINEMA 4D.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- Okay, we have most of our flag elements in place.…We're going to add just a few more details…and then we're going to focus in…on animating the flag raising up.…Right now, we have a flag and a rope…with nothing connecting the two,…so I am going to add in a little bit of a geometry here…to describe that, and I'm going to use a torus.…That gets inserted down there at the bottom,…at the origin of the seam.…I'm going to turn on my snapping,…and just make sure that vertex snap is enabled.…And, with my torus and my move tool selected,…we'll click off and hover over the corner of the flag.…
Obviously, that's too large, so we'll scale this down.…Maybe a little bit more, and what I'm looking for is…I just want to cover that first polygon area.…Let's turn on (mumbles) shading with lines…and, with my rotate, I'm going to turn this around,…and maybe move it back just a little bit,…maybe somewhere in there.…Go ahead and call that ring top.…
I'm going to command, click, and drag to make a duplicate.…We'll call that ring bottom.…
Cloth Simulations for Motion Graphics in CINEMA 4D is a project-based learning experience that follows three projects from start to finish: an animated flag blowing in the wind, opening and closing theater curtains, and a cloth-on-object logo reveal. Each project is rich with lessons that artists can adapt and apply to any cloth animation. Author Alan Demafiles will help viewers use the C4D Cloth tag and colliders, attach cloth to other geometry in a scene, loop simulations, correct imperfections with the morph deformer, and apply logos and other patterns to fabric. Start watching to incorporate cloth simulations into your mograph skillset.
- Creating geometry for cloth
- Working with the C4D Cloth tag
- Using caches
- Modeling and texturing cloth
- Adding constraints
- Attaching cloth to geometry
- Creating cloth collisions
- Adding lights
- Animating morphs and reveals
- Rendering the cloth animation
Skill Level Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Animating with C4D Effectorswith EJ Hassenfratz1h 39m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Retiming and Tracking Footagewith Ian Robinson2h 46m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Spline Dynamics with CINEMA 4Dwith EJ Hassenfratz1h 13m Intermediate
1. Core Concepts
2. Creating a Flag
3. Creating Theater Curtains
4. Creating the Reveal Cloth
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.