Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video Animating the curtain raising, part of Cloth Simulations for Motion Graphics in CINEMA 4D.
- Now that our curtain rig is complete,…we'll animate the helper object to raise the curtains.…So, here, we're going to make our helper object…visible once more, and essentially I want to take…this scale of the helper object and decrease it,…so that we take its width down to about halfway.…So you might think that we want to just scale this…and insert a keyframe here for scale,…we'll just turn off move, rotate,…and this parameter recording.…And so we'll just insert a keyframe here for scale,…and maybe down at frame 90, we'll go through…and scale this over 50%.…
I'm going to hold down Shift to get down to 50%,…and then insert another keyframe.…When we rewind, you'll notice that we have these lines here,…and we didn't revert back to our original state.…And when we play,…the curtain's acting weird,…but more importantly, if we look at our helper object,…let's go ahead and solo that,…you'll notice that there's no animation whatsoever.…And that's because we were animating our scale…with the Model mode, and this is a big distinction.…
Cloth Simulations for Motion Graphics in CINEMA 4D is a project-based learning experience that follows three projects from start to finish: an animated flag blowing in the wind, opening and closing theater curtains, and a cloth-on-object logo reveal. Each project is rich with lessons that artists can adapt and apply to any cloth animation. Author Alan Demafiles will help viewers use the C4D Cloth tag and colliders, attach cloth to other geometry in a scene, loop simulations, correct imperfections with the morph deformer, and apply logos and other patterns to fabric. Start watching to incorporate cloth simulations into your mograph skillset.
- Creating geometry for cloth
- Working with the C4D Cloth tag
- Using caches
- Modeling and texturing cloth
- Adding constraints
- Attaching cloth to geometry
- Creating cloth collisions
- Adding lights
- Animating morphs and reveals
- Rendering the cloth animation
Skill Level Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Animating with C4D Effectorswith EJ Hassenfratz1h 39m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Retiming and Tracking Footagewith Ian Robinson2h 46m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Spline Dynamics with CINEMA 4Dwith EJ Hassenfratz1h 13m Intermediate
1. Core Concepts
2. Creating a Flag
3. Creating Theater Curtains
4. Creating the Reveal Cloth
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.