Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video Animate the cloth reveal, part of Cloth Simulations for Motion Graphics in CINEMA 4D.
- With all the elements of our Cloth Simulation in place,…let's go ahead and focus in on animating…that helper object to reveal that logo.…So I'm going to select my helper object…and basically I want this thing to move…from this starting position over here to the right.…And so that'll pull that cloth off of there…and reveal the logo.…But I want to animate it in such a way…that it doesn't alter the simulation…of the cloth right now.…I'm going to select my Cloth Tag…and just disable the Cloth Engine…for right now as we animate our helper object.…
Let's come back to our helper object…and insert some key frames here.…So I'll select all on my position…and just lay down the first set of key frames.…And somewhere by frame 30 I suppose,…let's just go ahead and pull this guy,…somewhere in here.…And maybe we increase the Y as well.…It's good and set a key frame there, frame 30.…And you'll notice that we have an animation.…Let's rewind and play it back.…So that's a pretty linear move…in terms of the position space.…
I'm not sure how that's going affect our cloth just yet.…
Cloth Simulations for Motion Graphics in CINEMA 4D is a project-based learning experience that follows three projects from start to finish: an animated flag blowing in the wind, opening and closing theater curtains, and a cloth-on-object logo reveal. Each project is rich with lessons that artists can adapt and apply to any cloth animation. Author Alan Demafiles will help viewers use the C4D Cloth tag and colliders, attach cloth to other geometry in a scene, loop simulations, correct imperfections with the morph deformer, and apply logos and other patterns to fabric. Start watching to incorporate cloth simulations into your mograph skillset.
- Creating geometry for cloth
- Working with the C4D Cloth tag
- Using caches
- Modeling and texturing cloth
- Adding constraints
- Attaching cloth to geometry
- Creating cloth collisions
- Adding lights
- Animating morphs and reveals
- Rendering the cloth animation
Skill Level Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Animating with C4D Effectorswith EJ Hassenfratz1h 39m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Retiming and Tracking Footagewith Ian Robinson2h 46m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Spline Dynamics with CINEMA 4Dwith EJ Hassenfratz1h 13m Intermediate
1. Core Concepts
2. Creating a Flag
3. Creating Theater Curtains
4. Creating the Reveal Cloth
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.